Some things about...

I'm a Jesus loving red head from the Pacific Northwest of the USA, now transplanted to the beautiful land of the Scots where I am on staff with YWAM! May the adventures begin as Jesus leads me....

22 January 2011

So I realized that while I obviously mentioned that I am headed to Scotland in 6 days, I didn't really say for what.  Well, I am going to Scotland with a Christian outreach organization called YWAM (Youth With A Mission).  They are an international group with bases all over the world, which raises the question, why Scotland?  I can't say that I have a particular reason, other then I knew I wanted to leave in January and that I wanted to go to Europe somewhere.  So when I entered in that criteria in searching for a YWAM Discipleship Training School (DTS), Scotland is one that came up.  Really, I might as well have just put up a map of Europe and thrown a dart.  Either way, Scotland here I come!
YWAM Seamill (Scotland)

It'll be an adventurous 6 months.  As far as I know, I will be living in a castle with 20-30 other people for the first 3 months.  We'll be taking classes and participating in local outreaches during that time.  After that, we will be sent on a longer outreach else where for about 8 or 9 weeks.  I don't know where that outreach will take place as they have not told us yet, but it really could be anywhere.  I've had friends who have done YWAM that have been based in Hawaii and were sent to Indonesia for their outreach...so we'll see where mine takes me.  After that, I'll head back to Scotland for another month before concluding my DTS.

So anyway, that's what I'm going overseas for.  I keep on getting asked the question of am I excited for travelling, and while the answer is an astounding YES, the thing I am most excited for is just being in a community of believers and being challenged in my walk with the Lord.  I've been looking at this time as a time of refreshment for me, but God reminded me the other day that it is better to give than to receive.  That the purpose of me going there is not for me, but to bless others.  I've been given so much in this world and it's the least that I can do to use those things to bless others.  And if in the midst of that I get refreshed and blessed, it'll be all the more sweet.  It will be my "cherry on top".

No comments: