After getting my acceptance letter from YWAM Seamill in Scotland, I started filling out the 26 page application for a UK Visa (and I thought the 8 page YWAM application was a long one). But after persevering through the mountain of paperwork, I received my 6 month visa in December and sold a kidney to buy a plane ticket overseas. Ok, so I didn't really sell a kidney, but the money sure would have helped. I did end up selling my car before leaving Seattle though, and have spent the last 3 weeks flying here and there and visiting family.
| Me, Paul (4), Rylee (6) |
I spent Christmas and New Years in Spokane with my mom where it was wonderful to be spoiled with the smell of fresh brewed coffee every morning when I woke up and waited on hand and foot (yep, I'm the favorite of the children...sorry to break it to you brothers =P ). The rest and relaxation was wonderful though, and much appreciated when I spent a few days babysitting my niece (6) and nephew (4) for my brother and sister-in-law. It was such a blessing to spend time with them, and as always, very entertaining!!
From there I jumped on a plane to Billings, MT, to visit my dad and his family. It was there I had my first new experience of 2011...cruising on down the road in an 18 wheeler. Apparently my dad had gotten into the trucking business in the 2 1/2 years it'd been since I'd visited him in Montana. Who knew? It was great to spend some time with him and my step-family...I actually got a few good tips about my upcoming travels as my step-mom is from the UK.
| Micah (2), Tobin (3 mn), Me, Elise (4) |
And now...here I am back in Spokane with my mom. It unbelievable to think that I'll be leaving one week from tomorrow. I've spent the last few days tying up loose ends, getting shots, and trying to find missing medical records (so frustrating). But most of all, I've just been trying to soak in every moment I can with my beloved family.
4 comments:
I am so glad you started a blog Rachie! So excited to hear all about your adventures!!!
I Love you Rachie!! :)
I'm thrilled to follow your time in Scotland! Scotland! I'm praying for you girlie. Much love coming your way. :)
Soooo fun Rachy! It was wonderful to spend an afternoon with you. Thanks so much for giving your life to the Lord and following His adventures for you!
Post a Comment