Some things about...

I'm a Jesus loving red head from the Pacific Northwest of the USA, now transplanted to the beautiful land of the Scots where I am on staff with YWAM! May the adventures begin as Jesus leads me....

27 January 2011

My bags are packed, and I'm ready to go...

Well, the time has finally come...I start on my journey tomorrow.  Tomorrow, I can hardly believe it!  This is something that I have dreamed of doing since I was 15 years old, and now it is finally here.  I know that tomorrow I'll get on a plane on my first leg of the trip to Seattle, but I don't think that where my ultimate destination is will actually sink in until I exchange my American dollars for British Pounds in Glasgow on Saturday.  From the airport, I'll catch my first train ride ever to West Kilbride, to my new home in a castle!

The last few days have been wonderful though.  I continue to be spoiled by my mom with fresh coffee every morning, something I must admit I am a little (or maybe a lot) afraid I may have to give up after tomorrow, and home cooked meals to die for.  In fact, my niece and nephew decided that we needed to celebrate my birthday early since I wont be here for it.  So they came over last night and we celebrated my 27th birthday 20 days early.  There was delicious smoked ribs, and turkey, and chicken, and salad and roles...and the best part was my mom made a star shaped red velvet birthday cake for me.  So much fun! Here's some pics from the evening:





Alright, well, thats it for now.  The next time that you hear from me...I will be surrounded by men in kilts.  

No comments: