And speaking of that, I found out where I'll be headed in Scotland for outreach. I will be headed north to a portion of the country called the Highlands and Islands. I've been told that it's absolutely breathtaking up there, so I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. Unfortunately, since I will be heading even farther north, I am fearful that I may actually become a gingersickle. At least we will be in to Spring and heading to Summer when I'm up there, but I may definitely need that trip to Turkey at the end to defrost...so I am definitely praying that trip occurs. My team to the Highlands and Islands though consists of 7 people, including me, all of whom I get along with really well, so I am quite excited for that. One challenge may be the language barrier though. Now I know that you're thinking, "Hold on! Don't they speak English there?" And well the answer to that is sort of. Technically, yes, it is English, but the farther north you go, the stronger the accent gets. I have talked to some local Glaswegians and even they say that they have a hard time understanding the Highlanders and Islanders at times....so good luck us! I guess we'll have to be praying and asking God for the gift of Interpretation of Tongues!
| Buchanan Street - Glasgow |
Other than that, this week has been a pretty good. Took a few little driving trips to surrounding villages just to check them out and get a few little supplies from stores. We did take the train into Glasgow yesterday, it's about 45 minutes away, and wandered around Glasgow Central. It was awesome to see all the old architecture and statues and what not. However, undoubtedly the best part of the day was finding a Starbucks and finally having GOOD fresh coffee for the first time in over a month. Let me just say that white chocolate americano never tasted so good! I was a little bit worried when I ordered it cause the Barista had to ask what that was, but she ended up doing a wonderful job, which I was very thankful for!
| These guys were amazing!!! I tried to upload a video of them but had no luck with that...sorry |
| George Square - Glasgow The statue in the forefront is a tribute to Sir Walter Scott |
1 comment:
Rachel!!!!
I love reading your blog! You look like you are enjoying yourself. It's really interesting that you and Megan Robbert are both on DTS outreaches and both have Psalm 23 as your main verse for your blogs. It's quite fitting for all of us if you ask me, so thank you for reminding me. Actually, it is the verse for my name, so I'm quite bias to it to begin with. Ha!!! BUT, it is so true that we have everything we need. And even if at times we may not feel like it, we ultimately have everything we need to be satisfied by living a life devoted to Him. You, my dear, have a trust in Him that is so strong and true. It is beautiful. I'm so encourgaed by your ability to take in everything with such a positive attitude. I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to do. I'm sure he has already done plenty. Thanks again for reminding me to just be honest with the Lord. You are such a light, Rachel. An inspiration. Thank you for sharing your experience. By the way, Scotland looks quite amazing. I hope it starts warming up a bit for you. Well, I just wanted to drop in and say hello and tell you that I miss you and think of you often. Have a blessed weekend!
Post a Comment