So what a week it has been!!! Every Monday the base starts off the week with some worship time, and this week was no exception. This week, was however, a bit of a different worship time. The theme I would say was "childlikeness". As we entered into the dinning hall (that had been transformed into the worship room), there were toys and play-dough and books and paper and markers everywhere. We were invited to play as we worshiped...and it was amazing. There was still worship music being played by a few musicians and people worshiping by singing, but there was also just a childlike faith that grew as people drew out praises to God and made pieces of art from the play-dough, or simply sat on an over sized pillow and read stories. The best part, for me at least, was when we started singing children's songs as a whole group. I forgot how much joy could come from simply being childlike. (NOTE: I am saying childLIKE, not childISH...there is a huge difference!) Eventually, our time just turned into one big dance party, but boy let me tell you what...that was one heck of a way to start out the week!
The rest of the week has been pretty amazing too. One, I learned (or relearned if you were to ask my mom who I believe attempted to teach me years ago) to crochet and have been very busy attempting to make garments to help keep me warm such as hats and scarfs. Plus it gives my hands something to do while sitting in class for hours on end.
But probably the coolest thing about this week is that God has been showing up in amazing ways and making his power known. There have been quite a few people who have been in a lot of pain because of back problems or knee problems or arthritis or injuries (just to name a few). But this week there was a speaker here for the other DTS and he really felt like God wanted to do some healing...and that He did! Some of the problem for a few people was that their back/hips were out of alignment and you could visibly see that from the difference in length of their legs, some having about an inch or so in difference. Well, we just prayed from them, told these individuals that they were the beloved of God and then commanded their legs to grow and for their back to come into correct alignment. Now, let me admit that I probably wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't of seen it, but I testify to you that these legs, and even some peoples arms, literally grew! I watched one of their limbs get longer so that they were parallel with the other. God truly is amazing!!!! There was also one girl, Nicki, who has had sclerosis in her back (crooked spin) for about 15 years. The presence and the power of God was so heavy one night that He decided to heal her without anybody praying for her. Someone simply came a put a hand on her back during a time of worship and God decided that was enough to straighten a spin. Isn't He so cool?!! Those are just a few stories of what God has been doing here this week, but the best part is, that I know this is just the beginning. Watch out Scotland, here we come!
Outreach phase for me starts in about 4 weeks, which is coming up ridiculously quick! Like I said before, I will be heading to an area in the north of Scotland called the Highlands and Islands. This is a part of the country where more of the clans still live, more "old school" Scotland. So it'll be quite an adventure I believe. We will also be going to Turkey for two weeks of our outreach, sort of an exclamation point at the end of out time here in Scotland. However, I do need some help with going on these outreaches. Every student here has been asked to raise another $900 to cover the cost of outreach - this includes all accommodations, food, travel, etc. So, I know this is a very impersonal way of asking, but I would love if all of you would consider partnering with me and supporting me financially for this outreach. If this is something that you'd like to do, please contact me and I'll let you know how you can do that. No amount is too small!
More updates on what God is doing here in Scotland to come..... =)
| Which one am I? |
| My village, you can see the castle in the bottom left |
| From the beach in front of the castle...amazing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment