Some things about...

I'm a Jesus loving red head from the Pacific Northwest of the USA, now transplanted to the beautiful land of the Scots where I am on staff with YWAM! May the adventures begin as Jesus leads me....

13 April 2011

And I'm off to the Nations....

Praise the Lord....all my outreach fees are paid for, as well as everyone here on the DTS!!!!!  There is not a single person who wont be going.  God is an awesome provider!!!

So, with that said, my bags are once again mostly packed and I am off in the morning!  I have spent the day organizing my stuff, deciding what I will be taking with me (lots of warm clothes) and what will be staying here at the base (the clothes I brought in my wishful thinking that I'd be going some place much warmer), and getting the last of my immunizations that I needed.  After a send off celebration in the morning, where the entire base will pray for our team and send us off in style, we'll be hitting the Scottish roads and seeing where they lead us (hopefully that's to the Isle of Skye as that is our first destination). 

I am super excited for the next couple months!  I have a very little idea of what is to come on this adventure, but somehow, I don't really even care.  All I know is that I am headed out to Scotland in a mini-bus called Marve, with 3 other Americans and 2 Canadians, a handful of road maps and a tent to live in.  If nothing else, I'll come back with great stories!  I would love to share them with you throughout our time on the road, but I have no guarrentees of internet access on a regular basis...so my communication my be sparatic.  But I will indeed keep a journal of things that happen so to not forget to share them with you all eventually. 

I would love it if you'd all be praying for my team as we head out.  For safe travels, for open doors with the communities we are going to, and for unity in our group.  Scotland is a nation of clans and division, so our prayer is that the unity of our group will be an example of unity to the whole of Scotland.  The people on my team are Katie, Alora, Angela, Brooke, and Joseph, the only guy.  Some might say "poor guy", and some might say "lucky guy"...either way, he'd probably appreciate some prayer. 

Alright friends, well I am signing off for now.  Thank you all for your support, and I'll be in touch when I can.  God bless you all!!!!

No comments: