Some things about...

I'm a Jesus loving red head from the Pacific Northwest of the USA, now transplanted to the beautiful land of the Scots where I am on staff with YWAM! May the adventures begin as Jesus leads me....

20 February 2011

My first week of being 27 (my birthday was on the 14th), and I already have had a Scotsman down on one knee for me...may that be an indication of how this year will go!  The Hydro, a local hotel with a lounge in it, has kareoke night every Friday and a bunch of us decided to go this past week.  Well, I wasn't there but 15 minutes and I got roped into singing "Summer Loving" from Grease with a Scotsman.  It wouldn't have been too bad except for the fact that he was completely drunk and quite sweaty.  But still, at one point he was down on his knees for me, so all-in-all, I'd say it was a successful night.  The whole ordeal was captured on camera, so as soon as I scrounge it up, I'll see about posting it.  No promises though.

The rest of this past week was pretty normal day to day things.  No trips anywhere or new adventures to speak of...just classes and duties.  The speaker though has been quite amazing and impactful.  Her name is Mariette Louw, from South Africa, and she has been speaking on Holy Spirit.  Now, I don't know about you, but whenever I think of Holy Spirit, I always picture this cloud hanging in a room, or the burning bush, or a mighty wind or something; but Mariette spoke of a different perception.  She spoke of Holy Spirit as a personal being, who has a mind, and emotions, and a will.  There are different verses in the bible that speak of all these things, ones in which I had read before, but never really noticed.  It was just a whole new revelation to think of Holy Spirit as a personal being and not some ghost.  It was a very eye opening week to some of the misperceptions I think I have had about God, but Holy Spirit in particular. 

Well, I am trying to think of anything else to share with you from this past week, but like I said, it was a pretty normal week, minus the kareoke escapade.  The weather continues to be cold and wet, the hot water pipes and I are getting more and more acquainted, and my teeth are getting a slight hint of yellow from all the tea/coffee I drink to warm up (I may have to invest in some Crest Whitestrips or something).  I also really appreciate the letters and packages that I've been receiving...so keep them coming, even if it's just a simple little note to say hi.  I bought some envelopes the other day, so I'll do my best to write you back!

God bless!

Sunset from Seamill front door

 
One of many churches in Largs
Katey, Me, and Jacintha

No comments: